Saturday, February 9, 2019

Celebrating Academic Success with Topic Brag Tags

I started using Brag Tags this year as a way to reward my students' positive behaviors.
Students have earned tags for being excellent listeners, helping others and great citizenship along with lots of others.

They were so into earning these tags that I wondered if it would also encourage them with their academic progress. 

I started previewing the tags they could earn for showing good mastery of content area learning.
  Students keep a learning log that includes notes on our content area learning. If notes were complete and neat and they demonstrated a good understanding of their science and social studies learning, they would receive a topic tag.


I also like how the collection of topic tags helps students keep track of ALL the learning they did this year!



Our students cover A LOT of learning in just a year's time!


Students are so proud of their accomplishments!




I hang student brag tags on the side of a filing cabinet.
They collect them all week and then get to wear them on Fridays.



I've added these to my TPT store.
You can click the link below to check them out!

Academic Brag Tags: Social Studies and Science

Academic Brag Tags

How do you celebrate your students' academic success?
Would love to hear!

0 comments:

Post a Comment