co

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

First Day of School Quick Write Activity

 
 I am hearing from so many teacher friends who are hard at work preparing for the start of the 2013-2014 school year.  I must admit I am not there yet myself.  We start back after Labor Day this year so I am enjoying some extra weeks of summer fun. I have had requests for the "I'm glad to be in grade three" activity sheet.  I used to post my things on Scribd and this was one of them. Please do NOT pay Scribd for this one.  I have reformatted this and have placed it on TPT as a free item.
 Be sure to click the "Follow" button as I am moving more free items from Scribd to TPT this summer.
 
This particular activity sheet is placed on my students' desks when they walk in the door the first day. It gives them something to work on as others arrive.  Students decorate the number three or fill it with pictures that represent themselves or their new grade level. This also gives me a very quick and informal assessment of their ability as a writer and speller.  It also helps me gauge their feelings regarding this brand new year.
 
 
 
Here is the new and improved version for both second and third graders:
 
 

 
Head here to download your free copy:

12 comments:

Lisa Lewis said...

I love this freebie and your math about me. Thank you so much for sharing them=)
Lisa L.
TGIF- Third Grade Is Fun

Monica R. said...

Thank you for this freebie!

Leaping into Teaching said...

Love it! Thank you!

Christine

Leaping into Teaching

spotsanddots said...

Thank you for the Freebie! My third graders will really enjoy this on the first day of school!
~Lesley

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

I'm trying to prepare and get units ready...but ...
Thanks for the freebie and your wonderful posts. Smiles and stop by anytime!

louise zirk said...

I appreciate your generosity in sharing your 3rd grade freebie.

Marybeth said...

Where did you find the pencil? I may/may not be cycling up to 4th grade this year, but I would love to use this either way. Thanks

lafelicetta said...

Thank you for sharing this super cute idea! You're right about it being a quick way to get a good idea where they are after a long summer break. Leeann

Doris Young said...

I am happy to share! Mary Beth- I am going to make you a fourth grade one and post it. Check back!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to find one for first grade? Or maybe just say which fonts were used, so we can make our own? Thanks!

teachersrock1971 said...

Where did you get the pencil? We used these this year and it's going to look great up on my board! Love all of you stuff. Thanks so much for sharing.
Holly :)

Anonymous said...

A new way to start the year. Thank you.

Post a Comment