co

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Final Science Review

We are wrapping up the year and doing final reviews before the students take the big walk down the hall to the fourth grade wing! I had my students begin their Science Diagrams and Illustrations booklets before the state tests as a way to review. They are finishing them up now and many put forth great effort. I made a simple booklet that included the heading with the page number in the text book that they could turn to for a quick refresher. Then they completed the diagram with labels and captions. This was a great independent activity for them to do while I did end of the year assessments this week.



7 days to go!!!!!

4 comments:

ShaiEducator said...

Cute Idea, were those all the pages or were there more? I had my students get a 12x18 sheet of white construction paper and they had to make science poster with pictures and it had to be labeled with 20 different science terms. Example: pond habitat with life cycles, layers of soil, water cycle, energy, natural resources, fisherman at pond using pole(pully). Then they had to color it. It took them about 1 1/2 hours to do that activity:)

I'm finished with SOL's for the year and I must say your site has been a tremendous help, this being my first year in 3rd grade! I look forward to following you in the future.
www.mswinston.com http://jessicaywinston.blogspot.com

Doris Young said...

Hi Jessica!! There were more than what I showed here. Some were bubble maps,like of the simple machines and natural resources. I love your idea of the poster with science terms. Visualizing the vocabulary is so important. I'm so glad my blog helped you out this year. I have been following you through secondgrade teachers club for years! Have a great end to the year!
Doris

Jackie said...

I love the science book and I love your blog! So, I've given you the One Lovely Blog Award! Stop by my blog to see all of the details in my latest post!

Jackie

Third Grade's A Charm

Katie said...

I just found your blog through Third Grade's a Charm and I'm so glad I did. I'm your newest follower and I'm looking forward to following another 3rd grade blog. I'm looping to 3rd grade next year - yay!!!! The books look great - it seems the kids did an awesome job with them :)

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Post a Comment