Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday's Words for the Week

Hello All! I am back from my beach week at the Nags Head.  I was born and raised on the Jersey Shore so going to the ocean is like going home for me.  We go with a large group of family and friends and had great fun swimming, sunning, playing and visiting with with everyone.  But some of my favorite moments were when I was able to  steal away each morning by myself to walk or run along the shore.  It was my time for quiet reflection and renewal and I treasured those quiet hours alone by the water's edge watching the sun rise.

Years ago I took yoga classes and during meditation we would visit a "peaceful place" in our minds.  For me it was always either the mountains or the seashore. I felt this visualization exercise really did help to center my spirit and settle my mind.   So when my hectic school life begins again this fall I hope to think back to this past week and....
How about you?  Do you have a peaceful place?  I would love to hear.

I wanted to share this idea for those of you who are beach bound this summer.  My daughter and I will be making one of these to remember our summer trip.  I found it on Pinterest, of course!  You can go to my Pinterest board for details.
Vacation Memory Jars from Better Homes and Gardens

Thanks so much for all the well wishes and emails while I was away!  I LOVED reading them and will respond this coming week!