Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year: Math Freebies

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great first day of 2013. After requests for the Guided Math pocket chart signs shown on a previous post, I have added them as a free resource on Teachers Pay Teachers.  Click below the following images to access the file. Thanks to those who emailed their thoughts about Guided Math.  We had great email discussions about what is working and what is not. I love to hear from you so email me if you also have insights to share!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Guided-Math-Math-Wiz-Pocket-Chart-Signs

Let's kick the New Year off with another Freebie.  I've posted a  Math Problem Solving file that integrates our social studies unit on the Ancient Civilizations with math concept review.  This set gives students practice with problem solving involving addition and subtraction, elapsed time, rounding, and place value while also reinforcing what we are learning about Ancient Greece, Ancient Rome and Mali. Gotta fit it all in, right?
I've used these pages as part of our "On My Own" phase of Guided Math.  We usually have students share their solutions to some of the toughies afterwards though.  The sharing is so important and worth the time it takes. 


http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Math-Problem-Solving-Ancient-Civilization-Set

Email me with feedback if you choose to use this one.  I've got others I could post if it is something you all  like and could use!

We are back to school tomorrow so I'm off to enjoy my final hours of freedom.  What  a joy it has been!
Have a great week back.