co

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sunday's Words for the Week




 This is funny, but the real truth is that I cried a river today.  
My son left for his freshman year of college this afternoon. 

I am still in disbelief. Where have the years gone? 
How is it possible that we have already gone from this....



To this....

to this????


It doesn't seem possible. 
I am so excited for him and this next adventure.  What has come as a surprise to me is just how much it hurts my heart to see him go. I will miss seeing, talking and laughing with him every day.
 I know I will adjust and this ache will subside...right?  
Words of advice?  Missing him tonight.

Here are my Sunday's Words: 

Lord, please surround my kids with friends and adults who point them toward You, and in ways that complement my own deficits in parenting.

2 comments:

marsha watt said...

You've prepared him well, and he is going to do a fabulous job at college. Letting go is so hard, but you've done your part and the rest is up to him. You summed it up best when you asked God to send him a good friend system to support what you have already instilled within him. Saying goodbye is always hard, but it gets a little easier each time---especially when you realize it's not goodbye, but see you later. And, when he comes home for break, you'll be so excited to see, hear, and hug him. You have moved into a new adventure of your life, and your family, your church, and your friends are here to support you as YOU move ahead just like he has!

Lori Cummings said...

I also dropped my son off at college this past Thursday. I know he is ready, but I'm not sure if I am! If we could just slow down time. I am praying for him to meet and form relationships with people who share his faith, but I also hope he can shine some light for people who might not have a relationship with our Savior. I will pray for you to adjust to the changes and maybe you can pray for me too!

Post a Comment