Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday's Words for the Week

I grew up realizing how powerful words were. My parents were German immigrants who came to America not speaking any English.  I'm still amazed by their fearlessness and awed by their ability to have been able to teach themselves a new language.  My mother made it her mission to learn how to speak and write English fluently. She spent many hours in the public library where she  immersed herself in the language and became an excellent and skilled English speaker and writer. 
Later in her life she was stricken with Parkinson's Disease which ultimately took away her ability to read, write or speak.  All she had left were her thoughts...words unspoken and unwritten yet still so very powerful.
So this week I was talking with a friend about something I'm dealing with that is coming up soon.  I was telling her how I was feeling such dread over what I was needing to do.  And she looked at me and said, "Doris, you know you  feel the way you feel because you think the way you think."   I let those words just hang in the air before I said anything back to her. 
  I have been mulling over  those words she spoke to me again and  again this week.  I must have whispered them to myself a hundred times. Powerful words that can change your perception of any situation you are in.  So here are Sunday's words again....

YOU FEEL THE WAY YOU FEEL
BECAUSE
YOU THINK THE WAY YOU THINK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment