Sunday, April 23, 2017

Third Grade Virginia SOL Reading Test Practice Pages

 :

How stinkin cute is this Spring coffee cup?? 

 :

I have so enjoyed my spring break! It is quickly coming to an end. 
I am needing to replace my hours of planting, hiking and reading with writing plans and grading papers. Truth is,  I'm dragging my heels.  Truth is, the warm and sunny days we've had got me in the summer mood. That's not good,not with 7 weeks to go. 

To add to the fun, we have state tests just weeks away. We are prepping for the chance to show all that we have learned in third grade. It is time, we have read countless numbers of books and our reading journals are full and starting to fall apart- I don't think they will last but another month of so. 
 :
We have worked through  all our third grade skills and strategies. 
 :

SO... now it is time to see if students can hit those targets on a standardized test. 
I wish the questions on those tests weren't quite so tricky. To give my students the best chance possible, we are taking time to expose them to the types of questions they are likely to see and have to think through. 

I've put together a packet of SOL Reading type questions that we will be working through next week. 
Students will practice using homophones, synonyms, antonyms, context clues and a lot more. 
I'm thinking I might cut out some of the cards and turn it into a scoot game that they can work through with a partner. There are enough sheets to also add to a reading station or give as classwork. 


I've added this to my Teacher Pay Teacher store thinking there may be other Virginia teachers out there who could use something like this too. 


Click the link below to check it out

Are your students taking state assessments? How do you prepare them? 
I'd love to hear!



0 comments:

Post a Comment