I had many questions about how to make the card holder so here you go....
Here is the finished example. It creates a pocket to put lots of cards into. Materials needed:
9x12 inch sheet of red and white construction paper (or V. Day colored paper) Scissors, stapler,
**Did not have red/white paper for this tutorial so I used light pink and hot pink.
1. Fold the red paper (here I used light pink) in half to a 6x9 inch size.
2. Cut the top to round as shown below. Unfold the paper.
3. Fold the white paper (here I used hot pink) in half to a 6x9 inch size. Unfold it.
Place the two papers on top of each other with the cut paper underneath. Align the fold lines.
4. Fold up the bottom corners to the center. (As shown below)
5. Fold down the top sheet (hot pink in this picture) Fold it over to make the top of the pocket.
6. Staple the pocket at both ends and in the middle.
7. Kids wrote their names on the pocket and decorated.
Also here is the Homework Pass I am giving. The poem is not my own original idea. I have used it for YEARS and do not remember who I originally got it from. Anyone out there know?
I hole punched two holes to slide a lollipop in and taped to secure. The link for the Homework Pass is on the Valentine's Day post. I think I fixed the proble with Scribd. Let me know if you need me to send it.
2 days ago