Saturday, November 26, 2011

A Lot of Nothing!

Hello All! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I wish I could say that I've been productive during my four days off from school but it's been more like this:
HA!
And let me tell you it feels like HEAVEN to do absolutely nothing sometimes! I'll probably regret it come Sunday night when I'm scrambling to figure out plans for next week but I need this time to recharge before the whirlwind of the holiday season begins!
I did read quite a bit. I reread this old favorite:



A friend got me this book years and years ago. It is a powerful little book and totally changed my mindset. I've kept a gratitude journal for the last ten years or so. This writing practice helps me focus on the good that is happening in my life. It is amazing how much more aware you become of those small moments or blessings when you begin journaling about them. It makes me smile to reread some of what I've written about over the years. Most of the time they are
really little things that many times you just take for granted: my daughter's tooth finally falling out, being able to grade my papers outside on the deck in the warm sun, finding the book I've wanted in the library.





Last Christmas a friend gave me a beautiful new journal and pens and had glued this in the front:


I plan on doing the same for my daughter this Christmas.


In the meantime, I'm thankful for two more days of freedom before school starts!



















0 comments:

Post a Comment