co

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chill Out with a Cool Book!

Hello Everyone! Hope your first few days back have gone smoothly! It is as cold as the arctic around here which makes me think PENGUINS! Here is a penguin book report idea if anyone is interested My kids are into giving book commercials to advertise their books right after reader's workshop. This writing activity is basically the commercial written down. They rated the books at the end. Commercials really have helped motivate my students to read different books that they may not have picked up on their own. Check this one out! Penguins with personality!








You can pick 
up my whole penguin unit here: 
Penguins: A Snow Day Winter Unit for January

























7 comments:

Tara said...

These are great!! Love the book report commercial idea too! Thanks for sharing:)

4th Grade Frolics

YearntoLearn said...

Love them.


Yearn to Learn Blog

Julie said...

How cute! Fits right in since we are reading Mr. Popper's Penguins at the moment. Thank you for sharing it! Oh, and I love the music on your blog. I keep your blog open as I blog hop just to hear the great music. Mercy Me is one of my faves.

Kristen said...

What a nice idea...I love how the penguins came out!
Kristen

Cindy said...

Sorry, I have to ask.....who won the apron??

Megan Johnson said...

Thank you for the penguin activity. It helped me get my bulletin board done quickly on our short day today!

Dawn said...

We just read Mr. Popper's Penguins for our Grade Three Book Club. I borrorwed your idea and had the children write something they loved about the book. Thanks for sharing this! Here is a link to our blog where we posted our meeting about this book: http://dawnackroyd.blogspot.ca/2014/04/book-club-mr-poppers-penguins.html

Post a Comment